Later this month, Cash Money Records, in conjunction with Universal Republic, will release the debut of their newest solo artist, Kevin Rudolf. Uncharacteristically for the longstanding hip-hop imprint, however, Rudolf isn’t a rapper. Born in Manhattan, the multi-talented musician first picked up a guitar at the age of 11. While pursuing a mastery of his craft, Rudolf received his first big break after being introduced to superstar producer Timbaland. Several years later, collaborations with Nelly Furtado, Black Eyed Peas, and LL Cool J followed. Now, thanks to an impressive resume, the alt-urban artist is at the forefront of stardom. Following his Lil’ Wayne-featuring introductory single, Let It Rock, Rudolf returns with NYC; featuring Nas, this ode to his home city will be found on the aforementioned debut, In The City, out on November 25.
Written by DJ Z on 11/9/08
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let It Rock ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.