Later this month, Cash Money Records, in conjunction with Universal Republic, will release the debut of their newest solo artist, Kevin Rudolf. Uncharacteristically for the longstanding hip-hop imprint, however, Rudolf isn’t a rapper. Born in Manhattan, the multi-talented musician first picked up a guitar at the age of 11. While pursuing a mastery of his craft, Rudolf received his first big break after being introduced to superstar producer Timbaland. Several years later, collaborations with Nelly Furtado, Black Eyed Peas, and LL Cool J followed. Now, thanks to an impressive resume, the alt-urban artist is at the forefront of stardom. Following his Lil’ Wayne-featuring introductory single, Let It Rock, Rudolf returns with NYC; featuring Nas, this ode to his home city will be found on the aforementioned debut, In The City, out on November 25.
Written by DJ Z on 11/9/08
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let It Rock ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.