Later this month, Cash Money Records, in conjunction with Universal Republic, will release the debut of their newest solo artist, Kevin Rudolf. Uncharacteristically for the longstanding hip-hop imprint, however, Rudolf isn’t a rapper. Born in Manhattan, the multi-talented musician first picked up a guitar at the age of 11. While pursuing a mastery of his craft, Rudolf received his first big break after being introduced to superstar producer Timbaland. Several years later, collaborations with Nelly Furtado, Black Eyed Peas, and LL Cool J followed. Now, thanks to an impressive resume, the alt-urban artist is at the forefront of stardom. Following his Lil’ Wayne-featuring introductory single, Let It Rock, Rudolf returns with NYC; featuring Nas, this ode to his home city will be found on the aforementioned debut, In The City, out on November 25.
Written by DJ Z on 11/9/08
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let It Rock ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.