Since the record caught on in late ‘08, it’s been virtually impossible to walk into a club, concert, or sporting event without hearing Kevin Rudolf‘s Let It Rock blaring over the loudspeakers (it got my vote for Best Crossover of ‘08). As if that wasn’t history enough, his debut album, In The City, was the first album not by any Big Tymers, Hot Boys, or Teena Marie to be released by Cash Money since Boo & Gotti’s Perfect Timing dropped back in ‘03. Now, Rudolf’s released a new version of his previously-featured Welcome to the World. While the original cut saw Rick Ross contributing a guest verse, the revamped single version features a up-and-coming MC who retired and unretired last week. When Kid CuDi hears his ex complain about life since she left him, the rapper responds, “What did you expect?” Whether you prefer the Boss’ guest verse or the Kid’s, you can’t deny that this version of Welcome to the World will hype up the crowd just as much as its predecessor. ‘Till next time, rock on, Booth!
Written by Burmy on 03/22/09
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let It Rock ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.