Since the record caught on in late ‘08, it’s been virtually impossible to walk into a club, concert, or sporting event without hearing Kevin Rudolf‘s Let It Rock blaring over the loudspeakers (it got my vote for Best Crossover of ‘08). As if that wasn’t history enough, his debut album, In The City, was the first album not by any Big Tymers, Hot Boys, or Teena Marie to be released by Cash Money since Boo & Gotti’s Perfect Timing dropped back in ‘03. Now, Rudolf’s released a new version of his previously-featured Welcome to the World. While the original cut saw Rick Ross contributing a guest verse, the revamped single version features a up-and-coming MC who retired and unretired last week. When Kid CuDi hears his ex complain about life since she left him, the rapper responds, “What did you expect?” Whether you prefer the Boss’ guest verse or the Kid’s, you can’t deny that this version of Welcome to the World will hype up the crowd just as much as its predecessor. ‘Till next time, rock on, Booth!
Written by Burmy on 03/22/09
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let It Rock ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.