You hear about it everyday. A star is born in the music industry; just yesterday they were a music executive, songwriter or record producer. Kevin Rudolf, on the other hand, has taken a much different path from behind-the-scenes to center stage. The former electric guitarist, who has supplied background chords for Timbaland, Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake and David Banner among others, recently signed a record deal with Cash Money and Universal Republic. Bringing an authentic rock-n-roll sound to his music (please end all Shop Boyz comparisons now), Kevin is ready to Let It Rock on his lead single. Further interest is added to the project via the guest work of label mate, Weezy F. Baby, who blesses the record with his chameleon-like approach. Combined, the two artists form a mighty tandem that will appeal to a broad range of listeners. Kevin’s debut, In The City, is currently due out in October.
Written by Burmy on 08/6/08
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"NYC ft. Nas" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.