You hear about it everyday. A star is born in the music industry; just yesterday they were a music executive, songwriter or record producer. Kevin Rudolf, on the other hand, has taken a much different path from behind-the-scenes to center stage. The former electric guitarist, who has supplied background chords for Timbaland, Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake and David Banner among others, recently signed a record deal with Cash Money and Universal Republic. Bringing an authentic rock-n-roll sound to his music (please end all Shop Boyz comparisons now), Kevin is ready to Let It Rock on his lead single. Further interest is added to the project via the guest work of label mate, Weezy F. Baby, who blesses the record with his chameleon-like approach. Combined, the two artists form a mighty tandem that will appeal to a broad range of listeners. Kevin’s debut, In The City, is currently due out in October.
Written by Burmy on 08/6/08
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"NYC ft. Nas" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.