You hear about it everyday. A star is born in the music industry; just yesterday they were a music executive, songwriter or record producer. Kevin Rudolf, on the other hand, has taken a much different path from behind-the-scenes to center stage. The former electric guitarist, who has supplied background chords for Timbaland, Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake and David Banner among others, recently signed a record deal with Cash Money and Universal Republic. Bringing an authentic rock-n-roll sound to his music (please end all Shop Boyz comparisons now), Kevin is ready to Let It Rock on his lead single. Further interest is added to the project via the guest work of label mate, Weezy F. Baby, who blesses the record with his chameleon-like approach. Combined, the two artists form a mighty tandem that will appeal to a broad range of listeners. Kevin’s debut, In The City, is currently due out in October.
Written by Burmy on 08/6/08
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"NYC ft. Nas" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)