You hear about it everyday. A star is born in the music industry; just yesterday they were a music executive, songwriter or record producer. Kevin Rudolf, on the other hand, has taken a much different path from behind-the-scenes to center stage. The former electric guitarist, who has supplied background chords for Timbaland, Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake and David Banner among others, recently signed a record deal with Cash Money and Universal Republic. Bringing an authentic rock-n-roll sound to his music (please end all Shop Boyz comparisons now), Kevin is ready to Let It Rock on his lead single. Further interest is added to the project via the guest work of label mate, Weezy F. Baby, who blesses the record with his chameleon-like approach. Combined, the two artists form a mighty tandem that will appeal to a broad range of listeners. Kevin’s debut, In The City, is currently due out in October.
Written by Burmy on 08/6/08
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"NYC ft. Nas" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.