Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
With the headlines full of news about unjust killings and a depressed economy and message boards across the interwebs filled with those proverbial haters, we could all use a little positivity and encouragement. And if that positivity just so happens to come in the form of a catchy hook, all the better. Resident Cash Money rocker Kevin Rudolf, who broke out with Let It Rock, is back to work on a new album and our first taste is an appropriately uplifting new single Don’t Give Up. Produced by the headliner himself, Don’t Give Up is built around an acoustic guitar line and some well placed hand claps, resulting in a toe-tapping affair that’s nearly impossible to frown through. Vocally Kevin keeps it simple, delivering a catchy but straightforward melody chock full of words we all need to hear sometimes: “People out there doubt what they can’t see / but there’s a shooting star that you were born to be.” While Rudolf’s new album has yet to receive a title or release date, I think we can rest assured that he won’t give up until he’s got both.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/20/12
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let It Rock ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.