Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
With the headlines full of news about unjust killings and a depressed economy and message boards across the interwebs filled with those proverbial haters, we could all use a little positivity and encouragement. And if that positivity just so happens to come in the form of a catchy hook, all the better. Resident Cash Money rocker Kevin Rudolf, who broke out with Let It Rock, is back to work on a new album and our first taste is an appropriately uplifting new single Don’t Give Up. Produced by the headliner himself, Don’t Give Up is built around an acoustic guitar line and some well placed hand claps, resulting in a toe-tapping affair that’s nearly impossible to frown through. Vocally Kevin keeps it simple, delivering a catchy but straightforward melody chock full of words we all need to hear sometimes: “People out there doubt what they can’t see / but there’s a shooting star that you were born to be.” While Rudolf’s new album has yet to receive a title or release date, I think we can rest assured that he won’t give up until he’s got both.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/20/12
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let It Rock ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.