Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
With the headlines full of news about unjust killings and a depressed economy and message boards across the interwebs filled with those proverbial haters, we could all use a little positivity and encouragement. And if that positivity just so happens to come in the form of a catchy hook, all the better. Resident Cash Money rocker Kevin Rudolf, who broke out with Let It Rock, is back to work on a new album and our first taste is an appropriately uplifting new single Don’t Give Up. Produced by the headliner himself, Don’t Give Up is built around an acoustic guitar line and some well placed hand claps, resulting in a toe-tapping affair that’s nearly impossible to frown through. Vocally Kevin keeps it simple, delivering a catchy but straightforward melody chock full of words we all need to hear sometimes: “People out there doubt what they can’t see / but there’s a shooting star that you were born to be.” While Rudolf’s new album has yet to receive a title or release date, I think we can rest assured that he won’t give up until he’s got both.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/20/12
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let It Rock ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)