During my tenure as a DJBooth track reviewer, I’ve seen quite a few featurees reintroduce themselves after spending obscene amounts of time away from our pages, but this may be a record. A whopping five years, four months and four days after debuting with the Wyclef-assisted It Don’t Matter to Me, indie crooner Kevin Michael has resurfaced to bring us a newly-selected single off his latest mixtape. Unsurprisingly, he’s a very different artist than last we saw him; in contrast to the aforementioned joint’s Island-pop style, Sometimes has a moodier R&B feel. The Soundkillers’ REO mans the mixing boards, crafting an atmospheric synth-string arrangement to back the artist as he soulfully struggles to come to grips with a recent breakup. Now that Michael’s made his return to the Booth, are you craving more new music? Seek and ye shall find on the singer’s Brain$torm street album, available now online for a price of your choosing.
Written by richard on 02/10/13
Submit your Rating
Working Boy, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Dont Make Any Difference To Me ft. Wyclef Jean" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.