During my tenure as a DJBooth track reviewer, I’ve seen quite a few featurees reintroduce themselves after spending obscene amounts of time away from our pages, but this may be a record. A whopping five years, four months and four days after debuting with the Wyclef-assisted It Don’t Matter to Me, indie crooner Kevin Michael has resurfaced to bring us a newly-selected single off his latest mixtape. Unsurprisingly, he’s a very different artist than last we saw him; in contrast to the aforementioned joint’s Island-pop style, Sometimes has a moodier R&B feel. The Soundkillers’ REO mans the mixing boards, crafting an atmospheric synth-string arrangement to back the artist as he soulfully struggles to come to grips with a recent breakup. Now that Michael’s made his return to the Booth, are you craving more new music? Seek and ye shall find on the singer’s Brain$torm street album, available now online for a price of your choosing.
Written by richard on 02/10/13
Submit your Rating
Working Boy, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Dont Make Any Difference To Me ft. Wyclef Jean" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.