During my tenure as a DJBooth track reviewer, I’ve seen quite a few featurees reintroduce themselves after spending obscene amounts of time away from our pages, but this may be a record. A whopping five years, four months and four days after debuting with the Wyclef-assisted It Don’t Matter to Me, indie crooner Kevin Michael has resurfaced to bring us a newly-selected single off his latest mixtape. Unsurprisingly, he’s a very different artist than last we saw him; in contrast to the aforementioned joint’s Island-pop style, Sometimes has a moodier R&B feel. The Soundkillers’ REO mans the mixing boards, crafting an atmospheric synth-string arrangement to back the artist as he soulfully struggles to come to grips with a recent breakup. Now that Michael’s made his return to the Booth, are you craving more new music? Seek and ye shall find on the singer’s Brain$torm street album, available now online for a price of your choosing.
Written by richard on 02/10/13
Submit your Rating
Working Boy, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Dont Make Any Difference To Me ft. Wyclef Jean" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.