During my tenure as a DJBooth track reviewer, I’ve seen quite a few featurees reintroduce themselves after spending obscene amounts of time away from our pages, but this may be a record. A whopping five years, four months and four days after debuting with the Wyclef-assisted It Don’t Matter to Me, indie crooner Kevin Michael has resurfaced to bring us a newly-selected single off his latest mixtape. Unsurprisingly, he’s a very different artist than last we saw him; in contrast to the aforementioned joint’s Island-pop style, Sometimes has a moodier R&B feel. The Soundkillers’ REO mans the mixing boards, crafting an atmospheric synth-string arrangement to back the artist as he soulfully struggles to come to grips with a recent breakup. Now that Michael’s made his return to the Booth, are you craving more new music? Seek and ye shall find on the singer’s Brain$torm street album, available now online for a price of your choosing.
Written by richard on 02/10/13
Submit your Rating
Working Boy, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Dont Make Any Difference To Me ft. Wyclef Jean" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.