Being that more than 12 months have passed since Kevin McCall stepped into the Booth with his last solo feature, Freaky I Iz, fans may be beginning to wonder—is he still alive? Is he still on his hustle? And, perhaps most importantly, iz he still freaky? I’m happy to announce that the answers to those questions are respectively yes, yes, and hell yes—and to present as proof new single Naked. The artist’s first release as part of the RCA Records stable, this dancefloor-ready promo cut finds Josh Abraham and Oligee cooking up a suitably booty-bumping beat to back the artist as he schemes about what he’ll do when he gets a certain female clubgoer in the buff. And I do mean “when,” not “if;” McCall’s suave and self-confident game plan leaves no room for error. An operation this delicate requires a top-flight wingman and, luckily for the headliner Big Sean proves more than up to the challenge, contributing a brisk, risque opener that won’t fail to grab listeners’ attention. Though release details have yet to surface on Kevin McCall’s major-label debut, fans can, as always, keep it locked for the latest. Watch for this record’s official visuals, directed by none other than Chris Brown, to debut in the near future.
Written by richard on 05/22/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.