Being that more than 12 months have passed since Kevin McCall stepped into the Booth with his last solo feature, Freaky I Iz, fans may be beginning to wonder—is he still alive? Is he still on his hustle? And, perhaps most importantly, iz he still freaky? I’m happy to announce that the answers to those questions are respectively yes, yes, and hell yes—and to present as proof new single Naked. The artist’s first release as part of the RCA Records stable, this dancefloor-ready promo cut finds Josh Abraham and Oligee cooking up a suitably booty-bumping beat to back the artist as he schemes about what he’ll do when he gets a certain female clubgoer in the buff. And I do mean “when,” not “if;” McCall’s suave and self-confident game plan leaves no room for error. An operation this delicate requires a top-flight wingman and, luckily for the headliner Big Sean proves more than up to the challenge, contributing a brisk, risque opener that won’t fail to grab listeners’ attention. Though release details have yet to surface on Kevin McCall’s major-label debut, fans can, as always, keep it locked for the latest. Watch for this record’s official visuals, directed by none other than Chris Brown, to debut in the near future.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.