Someone check the calendar. I thought it was January 18, but apparently it is April 20. How else can you explain the word “high” appearing in the titles of three Booth features all in the same day? Rounding out today’s eleveated trio is RCA signee and Grammy nominated crooner Kevin McCall. High, the latest single off his upcoming mixtape, features a casual, under-the-radar production, courtesy of Young Lad, which compliments McCall’s sultry stylings and really allows him to shine. McCall’s smooth vocals intoxicate, as he likens his girl to the potent plant. Additionally, he uses a slew of stoner-friendly metaphors to describe his plans when he gets his girl behind closed doors. While you wait for McCall’s Definition mixtape, on which High will appear, why not check out his Big Sean-assisted single Naked, featured this past May?
Written by Lucas G. on 01/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.