Someone check the calendar. I thought it was January 18, but apparently it is April 20. How else can you explain the word “high” appearing in the titles of three Booth features all in the same day? Rounding out today’s eleveated trio is RCA signee and Grammy nominated crooner Kevin McCall. High, the latest single off his upcoming mixtape, features a casual, under-the-radar production, courtesy of Young Lad, which compliments McCall’s sultry stylings and really allows him to shine. McCall’s smooth vocals intoxicate, as he likens his girl to the potent plant. Additionally, he uses a slew of stoner-friendly metaphors to describe his plans when he gets his girl behind closed doors. While you wait for McCall’s Definition mixtape, on which High will appear, why not check out his Big Sean-assisted single Naked, featured this past May?
Written by Lucas G. on 01/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.