In 2004, Kevin Lyttle took the dancehall world by storm with his mega-hit, Turn Me On; featuring Spragga Benz, it peaked at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 and helped his self-titled debut album make the Top 10 of the Billboard 200 in its first week. The Saint Vincent and the Grenadines native has since struggled to match his debut single’s success, and in the meantime has released only a Japanese-exclusive album entitled Fyah. Ready to get back on track via the independent route, Kevin has released buzz single Anywhere. The record comes complete with Lyttle’s trademark high-tenor vocals and a danceable beat by The Haters Inc – oh yes, and a guest verse by the king of crossover club hits, Flo Rida. Now that Kevin Lyttle’s back and ready to go full-throttle, will the listeners he initially won over with Turn Me On take notice and return to the fold?
Written by Burmy on 01/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring It Out" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.