Back in February, Ariez Onasis solicited the guest assistance of Panhandle State singer/songwriter Kevin Cossom for Loving Me Now, a Heartbreak Kid single which found the Dice Music Group emcee spitting about one of his recent sexual conquests. Apparently, their playeriffic styles meshed so well that they couldn’t leave it at that—now, they’re preparing to release a whole mixtape’s worth of collaborative material. Not surprisingly, new single, Ready Set Go is a return to the duo’s mutual favorite topic, getting it in. Backed by The Lottery‘s stuttering synths and fingersnaps, Onasis flaunts his commitment-free lifestyle and his Hennessy habit over the course of the cut’s front two-thirds, before passing the mic to the Floridian singer/songwriter for a steamy concluding verse. Feeling it? While Cossom and Onasis’ forthcoming street album has yet to receive a title or drop date, fans can keep their browsers locked to The DJBooth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/24/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Compatible ft. Wes Fif" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.