Though being in a relationship with a heavyweight R&B singer often means not being able to see your significant other as often as you’d like, I imagine there’s a great deal of comfort in knowing that you need only turn on a radio for your guy or gal to be with you in spirit. Not to mention, if you close your eyes and turn it up loud, it’s almost like making Love Thru the Speakers—at least, that’s what Kevin Cossom claims on the latest single off his epically-delayed RCA Records debut, a jam created for the express purpose of keeping his girl satisfied while he’s away. Bangladesh takes charge behind the boards, crafting a slinky, shapeshifting synth groove to back the singer as he narrates a long-distance tryst with his girl—the result is considerably more hot and heavy than you’d expect from a romantic encounter conducted entirely through stereo speakers. Will this steamy cut be the one to earn Cossom’s yet-untitled, unscheduled freshman full-length a solid drop date? Only time will tell,. Either way, fans have more new music to look forward to—Cossom has not one but two new mixtapes, along with collaborative work with a variety artists, in the pipeline.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Compatible ft. Wes Fif" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.