Though being in a relationship with a heavyweight R&B singer often means not being able to see your significant other as often as you’d like, I imagine there’s a great deal of comfort in knowing that you need only turn on a radio for your guy or gal to be with you in spirit. Not to mention, if you close your eyes and turn it up loud, it’s almost like making Love Thru the Speakers—at least, that’s what Kevin Cossom claims on the latest single off his epically-delayed RCA Records debut, a jam created for the express purpose of keeping his girl satisfied while he’s away. Bangladesh takes charge behind the boards, crafting a slinky, shapeshifting synth groove to back the singer as he narrates a long-distance tryst with his girl—the result is considerably more hot and heavy than you’d expect from a romantic encounter conducted entirely through stereo speakers. Will this steamy cut be the one to earn Cossom’s yet-untitled, unscheduled freshman full-length a solid drop date? Only time will tell,. Either way, fans have more new music to look forward to—Cossom has not one but two new mixtapes, along with collaborative work with a variety artists, in the pipeline.
Written by richard on 10/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Compatible ft. Wes Fif" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.