Though being in a relationship with a heavyweight R&B singer often means not being able to see your significant other as often as you’d like, I imagine there’s a great deal of comfort in knowing that you need only turn on a radio for your guy or gal to be with you in spirit. Not to mention, if you close your eyes and turn it up loud, it’s almost like making Love Thru the Speakers—at least, that’s what Kevin Cossom claims on the latest single off his epically-delayed RCA Records debut, a jam created for the express purpose of keeping his girl satisfied while he’s away. Bangladesh takes charge behind the boards, crafting a slinky, shapeshifting synth groove to back the singer as he narrates a long-distance tryst with his girl—the result is considerably more hot and heavy than you’d expect from a romantic encounter conducted entirely through stereo speakers. Will this steamy cut be the one to earn Cossom’s yet-untitled, unscheduled freshman full-length a solid drop date? Only time will tell,. Either way, fans have more new music to look forward to—Cossom has not one but two new mixtapes, along with collaborative work with a variety artists, in the pipeline.
Written by richard on 10/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Compatible ft. Wes Fif" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.