Here in the Booth, we do all we can to keep up with our readership’s tastes, noting favorite artists, producers, and even sample trends. Today, we proudly present a record featuring three such elements. Drake fans are likely aware of Juice, a cut that has been circulating around the ‘net in an unfinished form for some time. This newly-released, official version of the track comes with a few notable changes: it now belongs to BMI award winner Kevin Cossom, and it’s been rechristened I Get Money. Drizzy’s verses are retained, as is Boi-1da‘s beat, centered around a synthesized rendition of the chorus from Suzanne Vega’s Tom’s Diner (also sampled/interpolated on Booth-approved tracks by 2Pac, Gorilla Zoe, Mike Dreams and Al Gator). Though Cossom’s debut album has yet to receive a solid release date, fans who want their own copies of I Get Money (Remix) won’t have to wait long; the track will be included on Cossom’s Pre-Album (Vol. 2) EP, set to hit online retailers Nov. 17.
Written by Burmy on 09/16/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Compatible ft. Wes Fif" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.