Here in the Booth, we do all we can to keep up with our readership’s tastes, noting favorite artists, producers, and even sample trends. Today, we proudly present a record featuring three such elements. Drake fans are likely aware of Juice, a cut that has been circulating around the ‘net in an unfinished form for some time. This newly-released, official version of the track comes with a few notable changes: it now belongs to BMI award winner Kevin Cossom, and it’s been rechristened I Get Money. Drizzy’s verses are retained, as is Boi-1da‘s beat, centered around a synthesized rendition of the chorus from Suzanne Vega’s Tom’s Diner (also sampled/interpolated on Booth-approved tracks by 2Pac, Gorilla Zoe, Mike Dreams and Al Gator). Though Cossom’s debut album has yet to receive a solid release date, fans who want their own copies of I Get Money (Remix) won’t have to wait long; the track will be included on Cossom’s Pre-Album (Vol. 2) EP, set to hit online retailers Nov. 17.
Written by Burmy on 09/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Compatible ft. Wes Fif" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.