Here in the Booth, we do all we can to keep up with our readership’s tastes, noting favorite artists, producers, and even sample trends. Today, we proudly present a record featuring three such elements. Drake fans are likely aware of Juice, a cut that has been circulating around the ‘net in an unfinished form for some time. This newly-released, official version of the track comes with a few notable changes: it now belongs to BMI award winner Kevin Cossom, and it’s been rechristened I Get Money. Drizzy’s verses are retained, as is Boi-1da‘s beat, centered around a synthesized rendition of the chorus from Suzanne Vega’s Tom’s Diner (also sampled/interpolated on Booth-approved tracks by 2Pac, Gorilla Zoe, Mike Dreams and Al Gator). Though Cossom’s debut album has yet to receive a solid release date, fans who want their own copies of I Get Money (Remix) won’t have to wait long; the track will be included on Cossom’s Pre-Album (Vol. 2) EP, set to hit online retailers Nov. 17.
Written by Burmy on 09/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Compatible ft. Wes Fif" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.