No longer content to simply Get Money, singer/songwriter Kevin Cossom has cooked up a dastardly new scheme – on this newly-leaked mixtape inclusion, he and beatsmith Schife embark upon a mission to take Take the Club Ova. As the Go producer distracts partiers with a compulsively, chaotically danceable beat built from tympani-fortified bass, handclap percussion, and arpeggiated synths, the headliner springs into action, asserting his supremacy with a double-helping of heavy-duty stunting. By the time Schife steps up to the microphone to lace the track with his own brand of iced-out braggadocio, everyone in the spot is under Cossom’s spell – especially the females. K.C. once again takes center stage on the back end, recapping the action for inattentive listeners: “We just took the club over… I had a good time, she had a good time, now she gon’ come with me and she gon’ stay the night.” Needless to say, all involved live happily ever after. Like what you’re hearing? Grab a copy of Cossom’s forthcoming pre-album EP, Hook VS. Bridge when it drops on the 27th.
Written by richard on 11/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Compatible ft. Wes Fif" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.