No longer content to simply Get Money, singer/songwriter Kevin Cossom has cooked up a dastardly new scheme – on this newly-leaked mixtape inclusion, he and beatsmith Schife embark upon a mission to take Take the Club Ova. As the Go producer distracts partiers with a compulsively, chaotically danceable beat built from tympani-fortified bass, handclap percussion, and arpeggiated synths, the headliner springs into action, asserting his supremacy with a double-helping of heavy-duty stunting. By the time Schife steps up to the microphone to lace the track with his own brand of iced-out braggadocio, everyone in the spot is under Cossom’s spell – especially the females. K.C. once again takes center stage on the back end, recapping the action for inattentive listeners: “We just took the club over… I had a good time, she had a good time, now she gon’ come with me and she gon’ stay the night.” Needless to say, all involved live happily ever after. Like what you’re hearing? Grab a copy of Cossom’s forthcoming pre-album EP, Hook VS. Bridge when it drops on the 27th.
Written by richard on 11/11/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Compatible ft. Wes Fif" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)