No longer content to simply Get Money, singer/songwriter Kevin Cossom has cooked up a dastardly new scheme – on this newly-leaked mixtape inclusion, he and beatsmith Schife embark upon a mission to take Take the Club Ova. As the Go producer distracts partiers with a compulsively, chaotically danceable beat built from tympani-fortified bass, handclap percussion, and arpeggiated synths, the headliner springs into action, asserting his supremacy with a double-helping of heavy-duty stunting. By the time Schife steps up to the microphone to lace the track with his own brand of iced-out braggadocio, everyone in the spot is under Cossom’s spell – especially the females. K.C. once again takes center stage on the back end, recapping the action for inattentive listeners: “We just took the club over… I had a good time, she had a good time, now she gon’ come with me and she gon’ stay the night.” Needless to say, all involved live happily ever after. Like what you’re hearing? Grab a copy of Cossom’s forthcoming pre-album EP, Hook VS. Bridge when it drops on the 27th.
Written by richard on 11/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Compatible ft. Wes Fif" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.