When last we featured Kevin Cossom, he was preparing to release his debut EP, Pre Album, as well as announce his new major distribution, and as of today he has done both. While fans will no doubt be playing the EP regularly, Cossom’s Jive signing is worrying, as the label tends to push back its artists’ releases for extended periods of time. Luckily for him, Pre Album includes a potential nationwide hit; on My Ex KC notices an old flame while at the club with his lady, and is tempted to leave his new girl behind. Featuring a beat by his N.A.R.S. Records boss, Danja, and a guest verse from old client Rick Ross (KC co-wrote Speedin’), this cut is one that must be enjoyed in the proper setting – coming out of computer speakers, it might not sound that great, but if it’s spun in the club, here’s hoping you hang on to your woman!
Written by Burmy on 12/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Compatible ft. Wes Fif" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.