When last we featured Kevin Cossom, he was preparing to release his debut EP, Pre Album, as well as announce his new major distribution, and as of today he has done both. While fans will no doubt be playing the EP regularly, Cossom’s Jive signing is worrying, as the label tends to push back its artists’ releases for extended periods of time. Luckily for him, Pre Album includes a potential nationwide hit; on My Ex KC notices an old flame while at the club with his lady, and is tempted to leave his new girl behind. Featuring a beat by his N.A.R.S. Records boss, Danja, and a guest verse from old client Rick Ross (KC co-wrote Speedin’), this cut is one that must be enjoyed in the proper setting – coming out of computer speakers, it might not sound that great, but if it’s spun in the club, here’s hoping you hang on to your woman!
Written by Burmy on 12/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Compatible ft. Wes Fif" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.