Nowadays, it isn’t uncommon for R&B singers to get their start as songwriters for other artists. Kevin Cossom, or “KC,” as he is called, is definitely making a name for himself as a writer (see the hook for Ace Hood’s Cash Flow) and is more than ready to put his own vocal skills to good use. On his new lead single, Compatible, he offers up a double entendre that describes his feelings about being with a female as well as his writing and singing abilities. Fellow Floridians The Runners provide KC and guest feature Wes Fif with a synth-laden, techno-infused beat to get busy over. As Orlando’s go-to guy for big-name artists’ ghetto-fabulous hooks, KC croons “I’ve been waiting in line…don’t knock me until you try me.” Yep, he’s ready, pen in one hand, and mic in the other.
Written by Erica L. on 07/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm the Realest ft. Kevin Cossom" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.