Nowadays, it isn’t uncommon for R&B singers to get their start as songwriters for other artists. Kevin Cossom, or “KC,” as he is called, is definitely making a name for himself as a writer (see the hook for Ace Hood’s Cash Flow) and is more than ready to put his own vocal skills to good use. On his new lead single, Compatible, he offers up a double entendre that describes his feelings about being with a female as well as his writing and singing abilities. Fellow Floridians The Runners provide KC and guest feature Wes Fif with a synth-laden, techno-infused beat to get busy over. As Orlando’s go-to guy for big-name artists’ ghetto-fabulous hooks, KC croons “I’ve been waiting in line…don’t knock me until you try me.” Yep, he’s ready, pen in one hand, and mic in the other.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm the Realest ft. Kevin Cossom" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.