Nowadays, it isn’t uncommon for R&B singers to get their start as songwriters for other artists. Kevin Cossom, or “KC,” as he is called, is definitely making a name for himself as a writer (see the hook for Ace Hood’s Cash Flow) and is more than ready to put his own vocal skills to good use. On his new lead single, Compatible, he offers up a double entendre that describes his feelings about being with a female as well as his writing and singing abilities. Fellow Floridians The Runners provide KC and guest feature Wes Fif with a synth-laden, techno-infused beat to get busy over. As Orlando’s go-to guy for big-name artists’ ghetto-fabulous hooks, KC croons “I’ve been waiting in line…don’t knock me until you try me.” Yep, he’s ready, pen in one hand, and mic in the other.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm the Realest ft. Kevin Cossom" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!