Nowadays, it isn’t uncommon for R&B singers to get their start as songwriters for other artists. Kevin Cossom, or “KC,” as he is called, is definitely making a name for himself as a writer (see the hook for Ace Hood’s Cash Flow) and is more than ready to put his own vocal skills to good use. On his new lead single, Compatible, he offers up a double entendre that describes his feelings about being with a female as well as his writing and singing abilities. Fellow Floridians The Runners provide KC and guest feature Wes Fif with a synth-laden, techno-infused beat to get busy over. As Orlando’s go-to guy for big-name artists’ ghetto-fabulous hooks, KC croons “I’ve been waiting in line…don’t knock me until you try me.” Yep, he’s ready, pen in one hand, and mic in the other.
Written by Erica L. on 07/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm the Realest ft. Kevin Cossom" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.