Kevin Cossom may have declared his intentions to Take the Club Ova way back in ’09, but the young crooner obviously hasn’t relinquished his dreams of club domination during his nearly year-long hiatus from the Booth, if his new single Baby I Like It is any indication. If your plan is to tear up the dance floor you’d be hard pressed to do better than producer Danja, and sure enough the man responds with a highly energetic, percussively layered beat sure to get the pretty girls putting their hands in the air, and their booties on the floor. While Cossom’s slightly auto-tuned vocals may not overtly impress, he easily keeps the partying moving, especially with verses from Fabolous, who predictably packs his bars with punchlines, and Diddy, whose time on the record is mercifully short. Kevin may like it, but does the Booth? We’ve got a ways to go before we get a new album from Cossom, but if fans inspired by I Like It can show a little patience, the label brass promises they’ll be well rewarded in the first quarter of 2011.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Compatible ft. Wes Fif" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.