Kevin Cossom may have declared his intentions to Take the Club Ova way back in ’09, but the young crooner obviously hasn’t relinquished his dreams of club domination during his nearly year-long hiatus from the Booth, if his new single Baby I Like It is any indication. If your plan is to tear up the dance floor you’d be hard pressed to do better than producer Danja, and sure enough the man responds with a highly energetic, percussively layered beat sure to get the pretty girls putting their hands in the air, and their booties on the floor. While Cossom’s slightly auto-tuned vocals may not overtly impress, he easily keeps the partying moving, especially with verses from Fabolous, who predictably packs his bars with punchlines, and Diddy, whose time on the record is mercifully short. Kevin may like it, but does the Booth? We’ve got a ways to go before we get a new album from Cossom, but if fans inspired by I Like It can show a little patience, the label brass promises they’ll be well rewarded in the first quarter of 2011.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/30/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Compatible ft. Wes Fif" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.