Kevin Cossom may have declared his intentions to Take the Club Ova way back in ’09, but the young crooner obviously hasn’t relinquished his dreams of club domination during his nearly year-long hiatus from the Booth, if his new single Baby I Like It is any indication. If your plan is to tear up the dance floor you’d be hard pressed to do better than producer Danja, and sure enough the man responds with a highly energetic, percussively layered beat sure to get the pretty girls putting their hands in the air, and their booties on the floor. While Cossom’s slightly auto-tuned vocals may not overtly impress, he easily keeps the partying moving, especially with verses from Fabolous, who predictably packs his bars with punchlines, and Diddy, whose time on the record is mercifully short. Kevin may like it, but does the Booth? We’ve got a ways to go before we get a new album from Cossom, but if fans inspired by I Like It can show a little patience, the label brass promises they’ll be well rewarded in the first quarter of 2011.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Compatible ft. Wes Fif" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.