I’m not entirely sure how to introduce Kev Decor, because the Jersey newcomer does it all: he raps, he produces, he sings, he even directs his own visuals. On his debut feature and latest promo single, UP & UP, the artist shows us the full range of his talents. Over his own beat, an irresistibly catchy flip of Curtis Mayfield and The Impressions’ I’ve Been Trying, the artist spits a passionate account of his hustle. Though he acknowledges that the enormous pressure on his shoulders and his exhausting work regimen are beginning to wear on him, the passion in his delivery leaves no doubt as to his commitment to the grind. He takes a break from flowing to showcase his pipes on the chorus. A low-budget, but high-energy official video rounds out the package. Think Kev Decor’s headed straight to the top? Then stay tuned; this charismatic promo cut is attached to upcoming album release, Premature Kings, due out late April.
Written by richard on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.