I’m not entirely sure how to introduce Kev Decor, because the Jersey newcomer does it all: he raps, he produces, he sings, he even directs his own visuals. On his debut feature and latest promo single, UP & UP, the artist shows us the full range of his talents. Over his own beat, an irresistibly catchy flip of Curtis Mayfield and The Impressions’ I’ve Been Trying, the artist spits a passionate account of his hustle. Though he acknowledges that the enormous pressure on his shoulders and his exhausting work regimen are beginning to wear on him, the passion in his delivery leaves no doubt as to his commitment to the grind. He takes a break from flowing to showcase his pipes on the chorus. A low-budget, but high-energy official video rounds out the package. Think Kev Decor’s headed straight to the top? Then stay tuned; this charismatic promo cut is attached to upcoming album release, Premature Kings, due out late April.
Written by richard on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.