I’m not entirely sure how to introduce Kev Decor, because the Jersey newcomer does it all: he raps, he produces, he sings, he even directs his own visuals. On his debut feature and latest promo single, UP & UP, the artist shows us the full range of his talents. Over his own beat, an irresistibly catchy flip of Curtis Mayfield and The Impressions’ I’ve Been Trying, the artist spits a passionate account of his hustle. Though he acknowledges that the enormous pressure on his shoulders and his exhausting work regimen are beginning to wear on him, the passion in his delivery leaves no doubt as to his commitment to the grind. He takes a break from flowing to showcase his pipes on the chorus. A low-budget, but high-energy official video rounds out the package. Think Kev Decor’s headed straight to the top? Then stay tuned; this charismatic promo cut is attached to upcoming album release, Premature Kings, due out late April.
Written by richard on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.