Normally, I try to avoid the police (especially when driving), but I might have to call the Cops on Kev Decor, because he just committed murder. The victim? A feathery, synth-driven beat by the artist himself (Can you commit murder on your own beat?), co-produced by Booth newcomer LunÁtic. The production’s intoxicating, feel-good vibe is set off nicely by a glossy, fluffy sample, but even that isn’t enough to take the edge off Kev’s flow. His cutting, frenetic style is a stark contrast to the light boardwork. Cops is not (yet) part of anything larger, but fans craving more tunes are encouraged to check out the artist’s January DJBooth debut, UP & UP.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.