Normally, I try to avoid the police (especially when driving), but I might have to call the Cops on Kev Decor, because he just committed murder. The victim? A feathery, synth-driven beat by the artist himself (Can you commit murder on your own beat?), co-produced by Booth newcomer LunÁtic. The production’s intoxicating, feel-good vibe is set off nicely by a glossy, fluffy sample, but even that isn’t enough to take the edge off Kev’s flow. His cutting, frenetic style is a stark contrast to the light boardwork. Cops is not (yet) part of anything larger, but fans craving more tunes are encouraged to check out the artist’s January DJBooth debut, UP & UP.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/1/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.