Normally, I try to avoid the police (especially when driving), but I might have to call the Cops on Kev Decor, because he just committed murder. The victim? A feathery, synth-driven beat by the artist himself (Can you commit murder on your own beat?), co-produced by Booth newcomer LunÁtic. The production’s intoxicating, feel-good vibe is set off nicely by a glossy, fluffy sample, but even that isn’t enough to take the edge off Kev’s flow. His cutting, frenetic style is a stark contrast to the light boardwork. Cops is not (yet) part of anything larger, but fans craving more tunes are encouraged to check out the artist’s January DJBooth debut, UP & UP.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/1/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.