Normally, I try to avoid the police (especially when driving), but I might have to call the Cops on Kev Decor, because he just committed murder. The victim? A feathery, synth-driven beat by the artist himself (Can you commit murder on your own beat?), co-produced by Booth newcomer LunÁtic. The production’s intoxicating, feel-good vibe is set off nicely by a glossy, fluffy sample, but even that isn’t enough to take the edge off Kev’s flow. His cutting, frenetic style is a stark contrast to the light boardwork. Cops is not (yet) part of anything larger, but fans craving more tunes are encouraged to check out the artist’s January DJBooth debut, UP & UP.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.