Normally, I try to avoid the police (especially when driving), but I might have to call the Cops on Kev Decor, because he just committed murder. The victim? A feathery, synth-driven beat by the artist himself (Can you commit murder on your own beat?), co-produced by Booth newcomer LunÁtic. The production’s intoxicating, feel-good vibe is set off nicely by a glossy, fluffy sample, but even that isn’t enough to take the edge off Kev’s flow. His cutting, frenetic style is a stark contrast to the light boardwork. Cops is not (yet) part of anything larger, but fans craving more tunes are encouraged to check out the artist’s January DJBooth debut, UP & UP.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.