Even though it is only his first Booth feature, producer/engineer Keswick is already going For The Win. Assisting in the producer’s quest for victory are Booth favorites and fellow Big Apple spittas Skyzoo and YC The Cynic. Both emcees deliver exemplary verses, adding a little bit of ruggedness which serves as a nice contrast to a squeaky clean production effort. While the two emcees are the only voices you hear, Keswick certainly says more than enough with his silky smooth, nuanced production. The strength of the record comes from Keswick’s ability to change up the beat, in a way that seamlessly is without disruption of the pace and momentum of the collaborative effort. Be on the lookout for Keswick’s Imaginate album, which drops Monday and has guest spots from the likes of Guilty Simpson, Sadat X, and Sene.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/16/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.