You’ve got to give KESington Kross points for confidence. Rather than politely asking for our affection, the new Laface/EPIC signee simply says, “Gimmie Your Luv” on his debut single and first DJBooth feature. Not that his presumption is likely to backfire: fans of fresh, innovative R&B will find little not to love about this joint. Dedicated to a woman who makes him wanna say “oh-whoa-whoa,” the joint finds the singer/songwriter lacing an uncredited beatsmith’s stuttering synth-bass grooves with soulfully smitten verses and a brisk, addictive chorus. Like what you’re hearing? More catchy melodies and eclectic instrumentals await on KES’s Audio Justice LP, available now for free download via Audiomack.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.