You’ve got to give KESington Kross points for confidence. Rather than politely asking for our affection, the new Laface/EPIC signee simply says, “Gimmie Your Luv” on his debut single and first DJBooth feature. Not that his presumption is likely to backfire: fans of fresh, innovative R&B will find little not to love about this joint. Dedicated to a woman who makes him wanna say “oh-whoa-whoa,” the joint finds the singer/songwriter lacing an uncredited beatsmith’s stuttering synth-bass grooves with soulfully smitten verses and a brisk, addictive chorus. Like what you’re hearing? More catchy melodies and eclectic instrumentals await on KES’s Audio Justice LP, available now for free download via Audiomack.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.