You’ve got to give KESington Kross points for confidence. Rather than politely asking for our affection, the new Laface/EPIC signee simply says, “Gimmie Your Luv” on his debut single and first DJBooth feature. Not that his presumption is likely to backfire: fans of fresh, innovative R&B will find little not to love about this joint. Dedicated to a woman who makes him wanna say “oh-whoa-whoa,” the joint finds the singer/songwriter lacing an uncredited beatsmith’s stuttering synth-bass grooves with soulfully smitten verses and a brisk, addictive chorus. Like what you’re hearing? More catchy melodies and eclectic instrumentals await on KES’s Audio Justice LP, available now for free download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 12/6/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.