Whether it’s in love or hip-hop, shortcuts never truly pay off, but that doesn’t stop us all from trying, especially when we’re trying to get closer to a beautiful woman. Following his DJBooth-approved last offering In Time, Kero One puts that concept to music on his new graffiti influenced video single Shortcuts, delivering a breezy and acoustically inspired instrumental to back his own tale of a love that’s just an inch too far away. Hey, if it works out, Kero won’t be the first person to find true love at a Nas concert. Mix in some smooth vocals from Sam Ock and you’ve got yet another reason to pick up Kero’s Color Theory album, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.