Whether it’s in love or hip-hop, shortcuts never truly pay off, but that doesn’t stop us all from trying, especially when we’re trying to get closer to a beautiful woman. Following his DJBooth-approved last offering In Time, Kero One puts that concept to music on his new graffiti influenced video single Shortcuts, delivering a breezy and acoustically inspired instrumental to back his own tale of a love that’s just an inch too far away. Hey, if it works out, Kero won’t be the first person to find true love at a Nas concert. Mix in some smooth vocals from Sam Ock and you’ve got yet another reason to pick up Kero’s Color Theory album, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.