Up-and-coming artists looking to succeed in the music game would do well to follow the example of gas particles as described in kinetic theory, and remain in motion at all times – the constantly-running-into-walls part… not so much. Anyway, heads who enjoy hearing science dropped in either sense of the phrase will undoubtedly enjoy Kinetic World, the current single and first Booth feature from Kero One. Backed by his own deftly flipped and chopped soul sample, the San Francisco native offers his take on the grind, stressing the importance of being on the move at all times but cautioning his peers against getting too caught up in the pursuit of paper and worldly goods. On verse two, the headliner’s joined by a Golden State neighbor whose relentless hustle’s already begun to yield big dividends; Boy Meets World phenom Fashawn ends things on a triumphant note, explaining just how happy he is to be home after recent jaunts to Canada and France. Craving more from Kero One? You’re in luck – released back in June, the artist’s third studio album (also titled Kinetic World) is available now.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Am I Supposed to Do?" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.