Up-and-coming artists looking to succeed in the music game would do well to follow the example of gas particles as described in kinetic theory, and remain in motion at all times – the constantly-running-into-walls part… not so much. Anyway, heads who enjoy hearing science dropped in either sense of the phrase will undoubtedly enjoy Kinetic World, the current single and first Booth feature from Kero One. Backed by his own deftly flipped and chopped soul sample, the San Francisco native offers his take on the grind, stressing the importance of being on the move at all times but cautioning his peers against getting too caught up in the pursuit of paper and worldly goods. On verse two, the headliner’s joined by a Golden State neighbor whose relentless hustle’s already begun to yield big dividends; Boy Meets World phenom Fashawn ends things on a triumphant note, explaining just how happy he is to be home after recent jaunts to Canada and France. Craving more from Kero One? You’re in luck – released back in June, the artist’s third studio album (also titled Kinetic World) is available now.
Written by richard on 10/4/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Am I Supposed to Do?" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.