Fellas who lack confidence in their masculinity may want to think twice before flipping on the new single from Keri Hilson; Pretty Girls Rock is so infectious that listeners may find themselves singing the “Don’t hate me ‘cause I’m beautiful” chorus under their breath for the rest of the week. Attractive females and guys who (like myself) aren’t ashamed to be caught humming along to a catchy girl-power anthem, however, shouldn’t hesitate to press “play” on the Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope singer’s latest offering, which finds her celebrating the prodigious power she holds over the opposite sex. Over the upbeat piano-synth boardwork of Chuck Harmony & Ne-Yo (who recently teamed up on Chrisette Michele‘s I’m a Star), Hilson gives us the full rundown of her feminine wiles, from her “very fly” attitude to her head-turning physical assets. Find yourself rocking right along with the singer who brought us I Like? Then keep it locked – sophomore set No Boys Allowed has yet to receive a solid release date, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/5/10
Submit your Rating
Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Help ft. Keri Hilson" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.