Fellas who lack confidence in their masculinity may want to think twice before flipping on the new single from Keri Hilson; Pretty Girls Rock is so infectious that listeners may find themselves singing the “Don’t hate me ‘cause I’m beautiful” chorus under their breath for the rest of the week. Attractive females and guys who (like myself) aren’t ashamed to be caught humming along to a catchy girl-power anthem, however, shouldn’t hesitate to press “play” on the Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope singer’s latest offering, which finds her celebrating the prodigious power she holds over the opposite sex. Over the upbeat piano-synth boardwork of Chuck Harmony & Ne-Yo (who recently teamed up on Chrisette Michele‘s I’m a Star), Hilson gives us the full rundown of her feminine wiles, from her “very fly” attitude to her head-turning physical assets. Find yourself rocking right along with the singer who brought us I Like? Then keep it locked – sophomore set No Boys Allowed has yet to receive a solid release date, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/5/10
Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Help ft. Keri Hilson" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)