Has anyone figured out a surefire formula for songwriters to transition into successful performing artists? If so Keri Hilson needs a swig of that magic elixir as she delivers her new single The Way Ya Love Me, featuring the so-called boss himself, Rick Ross. Not sure how much Ms. Keri Baby is going to turn you on with this, but her Ring the Alarm-tinted track doesn’t seem like the hit she’s been looking for. Producer Polow Da Don, Hilson’s clutch, gives Keri a platform to present a perfectly balanced record filled with uptempo sounds made for a group of high school cheerleaders or those auditioning for a talent show routine. Pop music, maybe. Hip-hop, nay. Honestly, I already know how the DJs will execute this record in the club: either use the beat to transition to another song or drop Rozay’s aggressive verse during a Rick Ross enclave of tracks. Sorry Keri, but I need to hear more than rock influenced vocals before I can get truly excited about your upcoming album No Boys Allowed. You have until December 21 to win me over.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 11/8/10
Submit your Rating
Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.