Has anyone figured out a surefire formula for songwriters to transition into successful performing artists? If so Keri Hilson needs a swig of that magic elixir as she delivers her new single The Way Ya Love Me, featuring the so-called boss himself, Rick Ross. Not sure how much Ms. Keri Baby is going to turn you on with this, but her Ring the Alarm-tinted track doesn’t seem like the hit she’s been looking for. Producer Polow Da Don, Hilson’s clutch, gives Keri a platform to present a perfectly balanced record filled with uptempo sounds made for a group of high school cheerleaders or those auditioning for a talent show routine. Pop music, maybe. Hip-hop, nay. Honestly, I already know how the DJs will execute this record in the club: either use the beat to transition to another song or drop Rozay’s aggressive verse during a Rick Ross enclave of tracks. Sorry Keri, but I need to hear more than rock influenced vocals before I can get truly excited about your upcoming album No Boys Allowed. You have until December 21 to win me over.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 11/8/10
Submit your Rating
Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Help ft. Keri Hilson" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.