Has anyone figured out a surefire formula for songwriters to transition into successful performing artists? If so Keri Hilson needs a swig of that magic elixir as she delivers her new single The Way Ya Love Me, featuring the so-called boss himself, Rick Ross. Not sure how much Ms. Keri Baby is going to turn you on with this, but her Ring the Alarm-tinted track doesn’t seem like the hit she’s been looking for. Producer Polow Da Don, Hilson’s clutch, gives Keri a platform to present a perfectly balanced record filled with uptempo sounds made for a group of high school cheerleaders or those auditioning for a talent show routine. Pop music, maybe. Hip-hop, nay. Honestly, I already know how the DJs will execute this record in the club: either use the beat to transition to another song or drop Rozay’s aggressive verse during a Rick Ross enclave of tracks. Sorry Keri, but I need to hear more than rock influenced vocals before I can get truly excited about your upcoming album No Boys Allowed. You have until December 21 to win me over.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 11/8/10
Submit your Rating
Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Help ft. Keri Hilson" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.