Has anyone figured out a surefire formula for songwriters to transition into successful performing artists? If so Keri Hilson needs a swig of that magic elixir as she delivers her new single The Way Ya Love Me, featuring the so-called boss himself, Rick Ross. Not sure how much Ms. Keri Baby is going to turn you on with this, but her Ring the Alarm-tinted track doesn’t seem like the hit she’s been looking for. Producer Polow Da Don, Hilson’s clutch, gives Keri a platform to present a perfectly balanced record filled with uptempo sounds made for a group of high school cheerleaders or those auditioning for a talent show routine. Pop music, maybe. Hip-hop, nay. Honestly, I already know how the DJs will execute this record in the club: either use the beat to transition to another song or drop Rozay’s aggressive verse during a Rick Ross enclave of tracks. Sorry Keri, but I need to hear more than rock influenced vocals before I can get truly excited about your upcoming album No Boys Allowed. You have until December 21 to win me over.
Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Help ft. Keri Hilson" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!