Has anyone figured out a surefire formula for songwriters to transition into successful performing artists? If so Keri Hilson needs a swig of that magic elixir as she delivers her new single The Way Ya Love Me, featuring the so-called boss himself, Rick Ross. Not sure how much Ms. Keri Baby is going to turn you on with this, but her Ring the Alarm-tinted track doesn’t seem like the hit she’s been looking for. Producer Polow Da Don, Hilson’s clutch, gives Keri a platform to present a perfectly balanced record filled with uptempo sounds made for a group of high school cheerleaders or those auditioning for a talent show routine. Pop music, maybe. Hip-hop, nay. Honestly, I already know how the DJs will execute this record in the club: either use the beat to transition to another song or drop Rozay’s aggressive verse during a Rick Ross enclave of tracks. Sorry Keri, but I need to hear more than rock influenced vocals before I can get truly excited about your upcoming album No Boys Allowed. You have until December 21 to win me over.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 11/8/10
Submit your Rating
Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Help ft. Keri Hilson" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.