R&B singer Keri Hilson started her career writing hits for stars such as Britney Spears, Ciara and Usher, but after the successful release of her album In a Perfect World…, Hilson’s now keeping some of her best songs for herself. Her newest track, I Like, is a sexy, catchy song that could very well become a chart topper. Produced by David Jost and Robin Gruber, it has a dark, electronic beat that matches perfectly with Hilson’s sultry voice. The track starts off light, and slowly picks up into the chorus, which Hilson handles perfectly. She doesn’t overuse the hook “I Like” throughout the track; she just simply sprinkles them in at the perfect times. Clearly Hilson is not only a very talented singer, but an extremely adept songwriter as well. I Like is the latest single off of the German re-release of Hilson’s debut album. A video for the track has already been shot, and will be premiering soon. Stay tuned to DJBooth.net for all the latest.
Written by matt juss on 10/27/09
Submit your Rating
Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.