R&B singer Keri Hilson started her career writing hits for stars such as Britney Spears, Ciara and Usher, but after the successful release of her album In a Perfect World…, Hilson’s now keeping some of her best songs for herself. Her newest track, I Like, is a sexy, catchy song that could very well become a chart topper. Produced by David Jost and Robin Gruber, it has a dark, electronic beat that matches perfectly with Hilson’s sultry voice. The track starts off light, and slowly picks up into the chorus, which Hilson handles perfectly. She doesn’t overuse the hook “I Like” throughout the track; she just simply sprinkles them in at the perfect times. Clearly Hilson is not only a very talented singer, but an extremely adept songwriter as well. I Like is the latest single off of the German re-release of Hilson’s debut album. A video for the track has already been shot, and will be premiering soon. Stay tuned to DJBooth.net for all the latest.
Written by matt juss on 10/27/09
Submit your Rating
Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.