Ever since mainstream audiences were first exposed to her via Xzibit‘s ‘04 hit, Hey Now (Mean Muggin’), Keri Hilson has been angling to parlay her success as a songwriter/producer into an equally acclaimed solo career. After four years of pushbacks, we’ll soon get to judge firsthand whether she excels at her new full-time job—In A Perfect World… drops on March 24. Since that’s less than two weeks from presstime, Best of the Booth winner Polow da Don and his Zone 4 camp (half of Keri’s label situation) have decided to build some buzz by leaking the album’s third track; here, Keri teams up with Keyshia Cole and Trina to dismiss all the fellas who try to holla at them, telling them to come back once they can “Get Your Money Up.” The star-studded lineup alone should inspire numerous requests, but Polow da Don and Danja Handz’ beat makes this a record the ladies can’t deny! Though Get Your Money Up might not be a single yet, the label bosses would be crazy not to consider it when making their next selection.
Written by Burmy on 03/10/09
Submit your Rating
Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)