In order to maintain a successful relationship with your partner, both parties need to put in an equal amount of effort. Unfortunately for singer Keri Hilson it didn’t work out that way; on the Atlanta native’s “official” debut single, Energy, a highly-charged Hilson explains that she has put forth way too much “oomph” and received far too little in return. Regardless, as long as this talented singer sticks with her music, relationship issues should be the last thing on her mind. With quality production assistance from Timbaland, Danja, and The Clutch on her forthcoming debut album, In A Perfect World (set for release on September 23), her career might be the best way to finally see a return on that spent energy.
Written by DJ Z on 05/27/08
Submit your Rating
Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.