In order to maintain a successful relationship with your partner, both parties need to put in an equal amount of effort. Unfortunately for singer Keri Hilson it didn’t work out that way; on the Atlanta native’s “official” debut single, Energy, a highly-charged Hilson explains that she has put forth way too much “oomph” and received far too little in return. Regardless, as long as this talented singer sticks with her music, relationship issues should be the last thing on her mind. With quality production assistance from Timbaland, Danja, and The Clutch on her forthcoming debut album, In A Perfect World (set for release on September 23), her career might be the best way to finally see a return on that spent energy.
Written by DJ Z on 05/27/08
Submit your Rating
Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.