In order to maintain a successful relationship with your partner, both parties need to put in an equal amount of effort. Unfortunately for singer Keri Hilson it didn’t work out that way; on the Atlanta native’s “official” debut single, Energy, a highly-charged Hilson explains that she has put forth way too much “oomph” and received far too little in return. Regardless, as long as this talented singer sticks with her music, relationship issues should be the last thing on her mind. With quality production assistance from Timbaland, Danja, and The Clutch on her forthcoming debut album, In A Perfect World (set for release on September 23), her career might be the best way to finally see a return on that spent energy.
Listen to More: Keri Hilson Written by DJ Z
Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Help ft. Keri Hilson" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.