In order to maintain a successful relationship with your partner, both parties need to put in an equal amount of effort. Unfortunately for singer Keri Hilson it didn’t work out that way; on the Atlanta native’s “official” debut single, Energy, a highly-charged Hilson explains that she has put forth way too much “oomph” and received far too little in return. Regardless, as long as this talented singer sticks with her music, relationship issues should be the last thing on her mind. With quality production assistance from Timbaland, Danja, and The Clutch on her forthcoming debut album, In A Perfect World (set for release on September 23), her career might be the best way to finally see a return on that spent energy.
Written by DJ Z on 05/27/08
Submit your Rating
Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.