I love music that reflects reality. Despite the club hoppin’, bottle poppin’ BS that has plagued urban music lately, it’s good to know that songs like Keri Hilson’s new single Breaking Point are still being released. A bouncy record with slow burn, Ms. Keri Baby’s latest is one of contemporary R&B’s best attempts to return to the days when singers like Faith Evans and Mary J. Blige dominated the radio airwaves with tunes that centered around the preciousness of a woman’s heart. Long time collaborator Timbaland comes through in the clutch with the production, showing that his sound expands much further than crazy samples and complex percussion. Keri’s vocals are the highlight here though, as the beautiful songwriter’s words echo a strong message that anyone with relationship experience can resonate with. Expect this drum heavy single off of Hilson’s new No Boys Allowed album (which also features production from Polow Da Don and Ryan Leslie) to hit radio soon, and stay tuned into the Booth for all the latest leading up until the album’s late-2010 release.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 08/23/10
Submit your Rating
Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.