I love music that reflects reality. Despite the club hoppin’, bottle poppin’ BS that has plagued urban music lately, it’s good to know that songs like Keri Hilson’s new single Breaking Point are still being released. A bouncy record with slow burn, Ms. Keri Baby’s latest is one of contemporary R&B’s best attempts to return to the days when singers like Faith Evans and Mary J. Blige dominated the radio airwaves with tunes that centered around the preciousness of a woman’s heart. Long time collaborator Timbaland comes through in the clutch with the production, showing that his sound expands much further than crazy samples and complex percussion. Keri’s vocals are the highlight here though, as the beautiful songwriter’s words echo a strong message that anyone with relationship experience can resonate with. Expect this drum heavy single off of Hilson’s new No Boys Allowed album (which also features production from Polow Da Don and Ryan Leslie) to hit radio soon, and stay tuned into the Booth for all the latest leading up until the album’s late-2010 release.
Mosely Music/Zone 4/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Help ft. Keri Hilson" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.