If there’s one thing that makes Booth newcomer Kentrell happy, it’s making his audience happy – whether on the mic or between the sheets, “it’s [his] pleasure to please you,” and he’s confident that his feel-good style will leave listeners and lovers alike screaming for an Encore. On the latest single off his forthcoming debut studio album, the Mississippi-to-Chicago transplant gives readers a tantalizing taste of his “pop-soul” sound, influenced both by his birth state’s gospel legacy and his home city’s streetwise sensibility. Over Grammy-nominated production duo K.P. and Malay‘s steamy instrumental, which builds from subdued guitar arpeggios to an epic, string-drenched chorus, the artist comes with a combo of soulful vocals and considerate-lover lyricism likely to leave female listeners weak in the knees. If this track has you shouting “Encore!” keep it locked to our front page. U Will Believe isn’t set to hit stores till 2010, but you can rest assured that DJBooth.net will bring you all the latest from this promising crooner.
Written by richard on 10/4/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.