Having set the Interwebs on fire with his latest street album, Kenton Dunson‘s undoubtedly feeling On Top of the World right about now. Of course, getting there is only half the battle—the real trick is staying in your newfound position of prominence. Judging by the Maryland emcee’s latest promo single, he’s more than up to the challenge; while his head may be in the clouds, the artist’s not resting on his laurels. As usual, Dunson does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, cooking up a dreamily stuttering synth instrumental (sampled from indie-electronic group Passion Pit‘s The Reeling) to back his starstruck yet clear-sighted declarations of purpose. As he puts it on the back,: “I am on the move, I am on the move / They say these lights will blind you but they brighten up my view.” Though this joint isn’t included on the project, those who need more Kenton Dunson in their lives can find what they seek on Creative Destruction 2, released in early July and out now online. In addition, fans should watch for the official video for reader-approved cut Firestarter to hit the ‘net in the near future.
Written by richard on 08/16/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.