Having set the Interwebs on fire with his latest street album, Kenton Dunson‘s undoubtedly feeling On Top of the World right about now. Of course, getting there is only half the battle—the real trick is staying in your newfound position of prominence. Judging by the Maryland emcee’s latest promo single, he’s more than up to the challenge; while his head may be in the clouds, the artist’s not resting on his laurels. As usual, Dunson does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, cooking up a dreamily stuttering synth instrumental (sampled from indie-electronic group Passion Pit‘s The Reeling) to back his starstruck yet clear-sighted declarations of purpose. As he puts it on the back,: “I am on the move, I am on the move / They say these lights will blind you but they brighten up my view.” Though this joint isn’t included on the project, those who need more Kenton Dunson in their lives can find what they seek on Creative Destruction 2, released in early July and out now online. In addition, fans should watch for the official video for reader-approved cut Firestarter to hit the ‘net in the near future.
Written by richard on 08/16/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.