A Maryland native who left behind a lucrative career in finance to pursue his musical dreams, rapper/producer Kenton Dunson has firsthand experience with both the nine-to-fivers’ grind and the vagabond-esque life of a recording artist. On new single Rolling Stone, the up-and-comer paints a vivid musical portrait of the latter, spitting over his own pensive boardwork. Former bandmate Garrett Anderson handles hook duties, as well as accompanying the headliner on guitar. Digging it? More freshness awaits on Dunson’s Creative Destruction 2 street album, scheduled to drop in June.
Written by richard on 05/31/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.