A Maryland native who left behind a lucrative career in finance to pursue his musical dreams, rapper/producer Kenton Dunson has firsthand experience with both the nine-to-fivers’ grind and the vagabond-esque life of a recording artist. On new single Rolling Stone, the up-and-comer paints a vivid musical portrait of the latter, spitting over his own pensive boardwork. Former bandmate Garrett Anderson handles hook duties, as well as accompanying the headliner on guitar. Digging it? More freshness awaits on Dunson’s Creative Destruction 2 street album, scheduled to drop in June.
Written by richard on 05/31/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.