You know what they say, if at first you drop a song on DJBooth called Rolling Stone that earns almost unanimously high ratings you should probably go ahead and premiere your next record on the Booth. Wait, they don’t say that? Well they should, because after Kenton Dunson dropped Rolling Stone and the Booth was clamoring for more the Maryland native is back with Firestarter, making its worldwide premiere right here, right now. Produced by the headliner himself, who takes a piano line and builds it into a captivating cut full of spacey synths and live (sounding) percussion. But it’s Kenton’s vocal work, along with some impressive offerings from guest feature Ryan Kellie, that truly makes Firestarter stand out. If you’re looking for a new heartbreak anthem to help you get through a painful break up, or inspire you to finally end that relationship that just isn’t working, you’ve found it. For more en feugo music from Dunson be sure to check out his upcoming project Creative Destruction 2, coming to an internet near you this June.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/7/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.