You know what they say, if at first you drop a song on DJBooth called Rolling Stone that earns almost unanimously high ratings you should probably go ahead and premiere your next record on the Booth. Wait, they don’t say that? Well they should, because after Kenton Dunson dropped Rolling Stone and the Booth was clamoring for more the Maryland native is back with Firestarter, making its worldwide premiere right here, right now. Produced by the headliner himself, who takes a piano line and builds it into a captivating cut full of spacey synths and live (sounding) percussion. But it’s Kenton’s vocal work, along with some impressive offerings from guest feature Ryan Kellie, that truly makes Firestarter stand out. If you’re looking for a new heartbreak anthem to help you get through a painful break up, or inspire you to finally end that relationship that just isn’t working, you’ve found it. For more en feugo music from Dunson be sure to check out his upcoming project Creative Destruction 2, coming to an internet near you this June.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/7/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.